Skip to main content

TRIP TO LEKKI CONSERVATION CENTRE IN MY DIY ANKARA A-LINE OFF SHOULDER DRESS

Myself and the new Rotaract crews.
 
 
My pretty off-shoulder Ankara dress
 
.
Happy sunday!

 Today was a memorable and exciting day for me. First I was at church earlier. And i kept getting a lot of compliments on my Ankara dress. I had some left over fabrics so I decided to make this simple off-shoulder short dress yesterday.

  I wasn't sure it would turn out too fine but I wore it to church service. Later on, I met with a friend I haven't seen in a long time at Lekki Conservation Center for a hangout with Rotaract club, Lekki.

  It's my first time there at the centre. I have heard a lot about it. It's a wild life and forestry centre managed by the state government and Chevron. They had a big old looking tortoise, walking around and some peacocks. My first time to see a peacock. They were colourful and beautiful. I was told the tortoise was 97 years old!  Woow! That sounds crazy! Unbelievable. When i was a kid in primary school, my mum cooked tortoise meat. And it tasted nice. Now I was thinking this will look good in a pot of soup! Lool.


               

Old Mr Tortoise

Colourful peacock

 First, we went through the foot bridge entrance into the thick and dense forest. We saw some Mona monkeys. Funny little creature. The walk into the grassland was so strenuous. I almost gave up but I can't go back because I'd have to walk back alone. And that's a scary prospect.



  Saw the tree house, the huts, the games area; drafts, chess, volley ball,etc. My favourite part of the whole experience is the grassland. Very picturesque and ideal for picnic and a hidden afternoon getaway from all the hectic routine. I love the quietude and serenity. The freshness and greenery was invigorating. I'd definitely be going there another time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CREATING MY 2021 VISION BOARD

 Happy New Year!  New Year, new moves! I'm sure most of us have goals and visions we would like to accomplish for this new year. At the start of every new year, I list my goals on a paper. But this time, I'm not going to just put them on paper, but also i will also create a vision board in order to attach pictures to each and every goals that I will achieve.  What is a vision board? A vision board is a visual representation of all those things that you would like to see materialise within a specific period of time. Vision boards are very powerful. With it, you get to reflect about what exactly you want in your life. It helps to remind you and impose these thoughts constantly in your mind. Vision boards work with the law of attraction; as you attract into your life what you see, visualise, think about and speak regularly. A vision board helps you to visualise the life you really want, as you can attach visuals that are similar to what your goals are. Before starting  ...

Dr Rashel: Have You Tried This Amazing Skin Care Brand?

I discovered this brand a year ago after a friend referred me to it and since then I have been using their products. Dr Rashel is a Dubai based organic skincare brand. Their products are quite similar to The Ordinary. They are super affordable, well packed and very effective. I bought the Vitamin C Skincare Series which comes in a set of 5. The products contain Niacinamide, Vitamin c and Hyaluronic acid. The 5 set includes a cleansing milk, toner, face cream, face serum and face cleanser.  I like the design of their products because they come in portable sizes and elegant packaging.  My skin has improved so much since I've been using this brand consistently. The set is suitable for wrinkles, hydration, repair, cleansing and moisturising. So i would recommend this brand. 

What Does The Oud & Bergamot Intense Cologne by Jo Malone Smell like ?

I got gifted this Jo Malone's Oud Bergamot Intense perfume. It is a very captivating fragrance that has a rich, woody notes of oud and bergamot. The scent is both warm and refreshing, making it perfect for various occasions. When I first tried it, I was immediately struck by its unique and alluring aroma. The perfume gives  a sense of luxury and sophistication, and it made me feel confident when I wore it.  I like how small and fitting the bottle is. It’s small enough to take with you on an outing and it could easily fit a purse and it’s very travel size friendly. This is an ideal perfume for an evening night out